Main Causes of Liver Cancer
The human liver is one of the most crucial organs performing the functions of filtering the blood circulating throughout the body, converting the nutrients in the ready to use chemicals, removing toxins and waste products from body etc. There are two kinds of cancer that can develop in the liver one is the primary cancer and other is the secondary or the metastatic cancer. The primary liver cancer is the one that develops in the liver itself while the secondary cancer develops somewhere else and reaches the liver. There are certain underlying causes of liver cancer that if given due care can help in preventing this condition. In this we will take a look at the various causes of liver cancer along with the diagnostic procedure to detect and the treatment procedures.
Causes of liver cancer
If you will go on finding the exact causes of liver cancer you will not finding anything. There are no exact causes of liver cancer but in most of the cases it can be linked to condition that leads to the scarring of the liver called liver cirrhosis. In the light of the above statement here we have presented some of the leading causes of liver cancer-
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Type 2 Diabetes – People suffering from diabetes along with the hepatitis or the excessive consumption of alcohol are at a greater risk of developing this condition.
- Genetic factors- People with any family member including the mother, father, daughter, brother or sister suffering from liver cancer are at the greater risk of developing this condition than others.
- Excessive alcohol consumption- One of the leading causes of the cirrhosis the main reason for the liver cancer is the regular and excessive use of alcohol. Thus the excessive alcohol consumption shall be avoided in order to prevent liver cancer.
- Low immunity- People possessing the weekend immune system due to the conditions like HIV/AIDS are at the 5 times of more of developing this condition than other.
- Obesity- Apart from the other health conditions obesity is also a leading cause for developing liver cancer in people.
- Smoking- Smoking is also one of the risk factors for the development of the conditions like liver cancer in people.
- Gender- Due to the unhealthy lifestyle the chances of developing liver cancer in males is more prominent than females. Usually the men make the unhealthy lifestyle choices like smoking and consuming alcohol.
- Arsenic- Coming in contact with the toxin arsenic by consuming the water of wells for a longer period of time can increase you risk of developing this disease significantly.
If the person is at the risk of developing the liver cancer or is experiencing the any of symptoms he should immediately opt for the diagnostic procedures of liver cancer. The early diagnosis of liver cancer can help in better success of the treatment methods. In the diagnostic procedure conducted the best treatment plan suitable for the patient will be recommended.
Once the diagnostic procedures is complete any one or more of the treatment options of liver cancer in India like the radiation therapy, chemotherapy, liver transplant can be used by the oncologist to treat the liver cancer.