Liver Disease Diagnosis & Treatment in India
Human liver is the important body organ that plays the important functions of the producing proteins , prevent blood clotting, manage cholesterol, glucose (sugar), and iron metabolism. There are number of liver diseases that can affect the liver include the cirrhosis, alcohol abuse, hepatitis A, B,C and liver cancer etc. Due to all of these conditions the liver loses its functionality or there is the disturbance in its functions. There are multiple causes that can result in liver conditions including the excessive consumption of alcohol, hepatitis virus, genetic disorders, malnutrition etc.
With this article we will discuss about the various diagnostic procedures and the treatment procedures that can be used for treating the kidney conditions.
Liver Disease Diagnostic Procedure
The various diagnostic procedures are used by the doctors to check condition of patient , determine its side effects, its extent and the possible treatment options. Here are some of the diagnostic procedure that are used by the hepatologist-
- Blood Test- Several blood tests also known as the liver function test will be conducted to diagnose the presence of any kind of liver condition. Further, certain specific blood test can also be conducted to look for the presence of specific genetic condition.
- Imaging test- The damage to the liver can be easily diagnosed with the imaging techniques like ultrasound, CT scan and MRI. These techniques are used to take the pictures of the internal organs and look for the damage occurred to them.
- Tissue analysis- This is another common diagnosis methods used by doctors to check the presence of liver condition. In this procedure the sample of the tissue is removed from the liver of the patient also called biopsy to look for the signs of the liver damage and the liver condition. In the procedure of liver biopsy a long needle is inserted through the skin to extract a tissue sample from the patient’s body. Further, the tissue sample extracted is checked thoroughly in the laboratory.
Liver Disease Treatment Procedures
After the diagnosis procedure the symptoms of the liver condition, it extent and the treatment method is determined by the doctor. Below we have discussed some of the treatment methods that can be used to treat the liver damage the patient is suffering form.
- Lifestyle changes- In case the liver disease is in the initial stage and requires no medical treatment just some lifestyle changes like avoiding alcohol, losing weight, consuming healthy diet can help the patient in managing the condition of the liver.
- Medications- When the liver is on the little advanced stage that cannot be cured by the lifestyle changes alone certain medications therapies can be recommended by the doctors. To manage the symptoms like jaundice, fever, abdominal pain the doctor may recommend the patient to take some kind of specific medicines.
- Surgery- This is end stage treatment that is used when the liver of the patient is completely failed and not able to perform any of its functions. In case of liver transplant surgery the diseased liver of the patient is replaced with the part or whole of the liver of the donor. When no treatment option is able to provide relief to the patient only then this treatment method is used.
Liver diseases can be or cannot be severe but it is important to go through the diagnostic procedure in order to be sure about the treatment methods. Also, due care shall be taken to take the lifestyle changes for protecting the liver from any further damage.