Liver Cancer Success and Survival Rate in India
Liver cancer is a disease that has taken more lives in the world that one would care to imagine. In south Asian countries like china, India, etc. liver cancer has been a bane to healthy existence. However, with the new treatments and the talented doctors, the liver cancer success and survival rate in India are looking up. Throughout the course of this blog, we are going to dive a bit deeper into these statistics.
Liver cancer survival rate in India
When it comes to India, you can expect that there are certain regions in the country where you can expect that this disease sort of runs rampant. The reason for this is the lack of hygiene. This might come as a shock from a blogger who is talking about his own country. However, this is the truth. The reasons for liver cancer are as follows:
- Alcohol abuse
- Hepatitis b And hepatitis C
- Liver cirhhosis
- Now alcohol or alcoholic fatty liver diseases
That being said, due to the current medical expertise combined with the awareness that is dispensed through the blogs like ours, the expected liver cancer survival rate in India have increased. That being said, without treatment, the survival rate of liver cancer is India is about 4%. With treatment, the survival rate is about 43% if the cancer is caught on to in early stages. This might not be much when you think about it and compare this scale with other countries. However, if you do compare it with the past survival rate, the rise is literally exponential.
Now, when it comes to the matter of liver cancer success rate, the matter still remains the same. Almost every form of therapy that is provided to the patient in the initial stages of liver cancer has been deemed to be successful. That being said, the rate doesn’t drop by much if the treatment is provided in the later stages.
Liver cancer treatment in India
Let us dedicate this section of this blog towards telling you about the treatment options for liver cancer in India. These treatments have given a new lease of life to several patients and have been more than successful in preserving this lease. Therefore, if you are looking for treatments for this malignant disease, you should be aware of them:
- Surgery: Most often, a surgical approach is the first one to be considered when it comes to dealing with liver cancer. In this treatment, the tumour tissue is removed along with some of the healthy liver cells surrounding. However, this approach has certain limitations. The reason for this is in later stages of the disease where the liver is a bit too damaged and removing the cancerous region won’t do you any good if almost the entire liver is affected. However, the hepatobiliary surgeons have some more involved ways to deal with the surgical approach as well. These approaches are called hepatectomy and liver transplantation.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this procedure, the heat generated by the radiofrequency is used to kill the cancer cells. There are apparatus for this procedure that are inserted into the body through laparoscopic means and then, the cancer cells are killed.
- Radiation therapy: High intensity radiations are used to kill cancer cells of the liver.
- Percutaneous ethanol injection: In this particular treatment, alcohol is injected into the cancer cells to kill the liver. Due to its obvious paradoxical nature, this particular method of treatment is rarely used.
- Chemoembolization: It is a type of chemotherapy where the chemotherapy drugs are injected through the hepatic artery to deal with the cancer cells. This form of treatment also slows down the growth of the tumour.
These are just some of the liver cancer treatment in India options that you will get to cure the disease. If you opt for this procedure, make sure that you are ready.